Name: Kristen Davis
Vocation:Sales Representative for Mark cosmetics, Secretary (for the
health insurance!) and Owner of www.buttonsjar.etsy.com
What is in your purse? I always have at least one Mark item since I have 8,586,759,850 Mark items from my discount. Currently they are… Mark Glow Baby Glow lipgloss in Bubbles and Winkstick in Glitzy and a Mark Kissink pen in Siren Red, Cinnamon Mints, a pen, business cards (in an adorable Hello Kitty wristlet) and both of my brand new Urban Decay Pocket Rocket lipglosses from Meg! Oh and my wallet of course!!
Guilty Pleasure: Sex and the City marathons, reading teen novels,
organizing my makeup containers (does this make me dorky?) and shopping
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: Olive complexion (I amblessed!), combination, I have lots of blackheads that are persistent and won’t budge
Beauty inspiration: To be as beautiful as my 86 year old MomMom, who is naturally beautiful yet always ‘puts her face on’ before leaving bed each morning. I hope for natural beauty and to look flawless without having to cake on products
Top 3 skincare products:
1. Mark. That’s Deep Cleanser – This stuff works! I have no idea what the
tree bark and sugar cane do, but obviously whoever came up with this
combination is a genius. I am even bold enough to say that this product
works just as well, if not better, than Proactiv, which I used previously
2. Clinique Pore Minimizer – It makes my huge pores disappear like magic for a flawless look without caking on the foundation!
3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer – Maybe it’s because my Mom got so much of this free every year from the gift with purchases (to the point my friends thought she was a makeup sales lady!) but I have used this moisturizer every day since I was 11. It goes on smooth and is lightweight. Perfect combination for my skin type.
Top 3 tools of the trade:
1. Ginalli Tourmaline Flat Iron – I found this product in Vegas this June
and I didn’t know how much I needed it! It tames my frizzy curls and creates stick straight hair that is naturally shiny and healthy looking! It doesn’t burn the hair like my Wigo used to. They even demonstrate that it is gentle enough to not burn a cotton ball. Amazing! I feel like a princess every time I straighten my hair now. Retails for $229, but I haggled the price down to $86 including tax. (simply walk away for a minute, turn around, ask their name again, pretend to write it down and they will practically crawl all over you to get the sale)
2. Mark cosmetic brushes – Soft, gentle and don’t scratch the skin. Gives
just the right amount of coverage. Looks sleek and trendy in the bronze
metallic carrying case.
3. Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Bourbon – Makes my brown eyes ‘pop’. Goes on smooth and lasts all day and night.
Best beauty secret/tip: Brunettes – use dark vinegar once a month in the shower as a rinse and your hair will shine the remainder of the month. Light vinegar should be used if you are a blonde or lighter shades.
Three current beauty products you’d like to buy:
1. I’d love to find a bath bomb that lasts through the entire bath. I love
pampering myself yet find that any bath bomb I’ve tried just doesn’t linger as long as I’d wish
2. Products that are a reasonable price that work just as well as pricier
competitors. I’m paying my student loans off and am often strapped for cash when it comes to luxury products!
3. A wonderful face mask that doesn’t dry out the skin and that changes
colors to let you know it is finished.
Thanks Kristen! It was great getting to know you! Meg
Who else has a lot of the same picks as Kristen?