Name: Yvonne Smith
Vocation: Hearing Officer for Department of Social Services
What is in your purse? Maybelline Stiletto Mascara, Paula’s Choice Sheer Perfection Pressed Powder, Smashbox O-Gloss, a small can of Nexxus Comb Thru Hairspray, Keys, Chapstick, Small Comb and Wallet.
Guilty Pleasure: Staying home all day on the weekend wearing my fuzzy pants and watching Lifetime Movie Channel or any of the Real Housewives on Bravo. I also love ice cream and would rather have that for dinner than “real” food.
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: I have fair skin plagued with rosacea, acne and wrinkles around my eyes and mouth. My eyes have puffy dark bags under them. My skin tends to be oily on the forehead and nose areas and dry on the cheeks.
Beauty inspiration: I love the actresses from the 1960’s – Audrey Hepburn, Doris Day, Bridgett Bardot, Raquel Welch and Elizabeth Taylor. They always had the perfect outfits fitted perfectly to their bodies and the perfect makeup and hair. Oh yeah – also Megan Fox – she is just hot.
Top 3 skincare products:
– Clear Regular Strength System Cleanser from Paula’s Choice – it has actually helped get some of my acne under control.
– Proactiv Mask – I put a little of this at night on any breakouts that I have and in the morning they are usually gone
– Carmex – I put this on my lips every night before bed to help keep them soft.
Top 3 tools of the trade:
– Mac #22 Eyeliner brush – wonderful for lining my eyes (wet or dry).
– My Kabuki Brush from Bare Escentuals.
– Comb with a steel pick on the end – This works wonderfully for teasing the front of my hair to get volume.
Best beauty secret / tip: I have been putting lotion on my body every night after my shower since I was 21 years old. My skin is very smooth and buttery soft. I am not the only one who notices, my husband says that he loves to give me massages because my skin is so soft!
Favorite Drugstore Product and why – L’oreal Voluminous Mascara – this is the best mascara that I have found at the price!
Favorite Splurge Item – Smashbox False Eyelashes – They have so many different funky kinds and I just love to put them on and go out for the evening.
If I was on a limited beauty budget I would – eat peanut butter sandwiches for just about all my meals so that I could afford my makeup!!!
Great to get to know you Yvonne! We love it that you have the same “body cream after shower” ritual since you were 21! Pretty consistent!
What is your oldest (and still going) beauty ritual ladies?