Name: Stephanie Silva
Vocation: Student, Part time umpire for girl’s softball.
What is in your purse? Rosebud Salve, Victoria’s Secret lip gloss in Pina Colada, my library card, Dove Go Fresh Deodorant in Cucumber, Lise Watier corrector palette, Sunsilk Waves of Envy Hair Spray.
Guilty Pleasure: Buying cleansers. I’m always on the look out for cleansers even though I have more than enough. If the packaging looks good, it’s organic or it smells good I’m sold.
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: I had to google this one! But I think I have olive skin tone. I have combination skin. I don’t really have a lot of acne, but because I’m out in the sun a lot during summer (and when I was younger I never wore sun screen), I have some sun damage. Also sometimes at the end of the day the area around my nose gets oily.
Beauty inspiration: I think my beauty inspiration is you ladies at megsmakeup.com. I was never really into makeup even though I know there are a lot of girls my age who are. Mostly because I never really knew what to do with it. I learnt so much from this site and from all your tips and reviews on products.
Top 3 skincare products:
– The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Cleanser: even though it does not smell the greatest, it works really well to keep my skin clear and (mostly) oil free.
– Vaseline: Vaseline will always be my favorite all-around moisturizer, it works great as a lip saver and moisturizer
– Lise Watier corrector palette: This thing saves my life. It has colors that match my skin tone and it works great at concealing blemishes. It also has colors to highlight, reduce the look of under eye bags and vein reduction (although I have yet to try that one).
Top 3 tools of the trade:
– Goody Straightening comb: I know heat is so damaging for your hair, but this works really well if have to go for a swim and don’t have time to blow dry and straighten my bangs.
– Makeupalley.com: Before I buy anything I go to this site (and megsmakeup.com of course) to check out the reviews
– Moisturizer with SPF: This is probably the most important thing that I use. I’m really anal about using SPF sun screen because of the existing sun damage I have. Even in the winter, I have to put on some form of sun protection before I leave the house.
Best beauty secret / tip: I think the best tip I ever got was to use vaseline instead of mascara. It works really well at making my eyelashes look thicker and add a bit of a curl to them. Also it adds a little shine to them. Another tip is for hair. If you want it to be really shiny and healthy looking, make a banana mask. Mash 1-2 bananas depending on your hair length, apply to dry hair and leave on for 10-15 minutes, then wash it out with shampoo normally.
Three current beauty products you’d like to buy:
– I really like Miss Dior Cherie L’eau (the green one). I got a free sample from the Bay and it smells so good.
– A really good mascara. I haven’t had much luck in finding one. I have pretty thick eyelashes that are pretty long, and I want a mascara that doesn’t clump. I heard Diorshow Mascara is really good.
– Nars nail polish in Orgasm. I’m blushing just typing that , but the color is lovely and I’ve been looking for a nice nude color with a bit of shimmer.
Thanks for sharing Stephanie! We totally feel you about being sold when a product has great packaging, smells good or is organic! And it’s great to see how much you insist on SPF protection, that’s the way to go, start young!
At what age did you ladies start being concerned about sun damage or wrinkles?
If any of you ladies want to be a part of the Meghead Spotlight, please e-mail us your answers at firstname.lastname@example.org!