Name: Kathryn Thayer
Vocation: Recent College Grad… not sure where to go from here.
What is in your purse? L’Oreal true match super-blendable compact makeup in C2, mark. powder buff in Nude, mark. matte-nificent in Ivory/Nude, mark. hook-up with good riddance in fair/light on one side and and pro gloss in sexy on the other, Lip Fusion in Blush, Dior Addict Lip Maximizer, Dior Addict Lip Glow, strawberry Carmex stick, original Burt’s Bees stick, Mark. juice gem in Pomegranate, CVS brand pomegranate beeswax lip balm, Healing Waters peach lip butter, Nerd’s Brand lip balm strawberry/grape swirl (soooo yummy) and ModelCo Glass in Passionfruit.
Guilty Pleasure: bad MTV reality shows.
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: My skin is pale and ruddy. It’s very sensitive and gets red and rashes quite easily.
Beauty inspiration: I find beauty inspiration all around me. In magazines, on TV, at the grocery store, old movies and at the farmer’s market, basically everywhere. I like to combine looks I see. I love to play around and I am all over the place with the type of looks I like to create so I could never name just one person whose look inspires me.
Top 3 skincare products:
1. Mark See Things Clearly moisturizer – this moisturizes enough for my dry skin and evens out my complexion plus gives it a little bit of glow.
2. Mark Calm Yourself Hydrating Mask – this is cooling and feels soooo good after too much time in the Desert or beach sun or the morning after having a few too many.
3. Clean and Clear In Shower Facials – I love both the original and the citrus. I love to use these before a big night out. They leave my face feeling like I have a beautiful model-like complexion perfect for a full application of formal nighttime make-up.
Top 3 tools of the trade:
1. Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge – This is a virtual dupe for the beautyblender only instead of being a normal egg shape it has an hourglass shaped indentation in the middle which makes a perfect grip. Oh yeah, and it’s 1/2 the price from Target.
2. Sonia Kashuk Duo Fiber Powder Brush – It’s perfect for putting the lightest coat of powder over foundation when you want a finish and lasting powder without a powdery look.
3. MAC 168E Brush – This is a smaller version of their 168 which is an angled contour brush and it is perfect for applied the teeny tiniest amount of blush which is all I can ever wear and only after a full face of foundation because of my tiny face and natural pinkness
Best beauty secret/tip:
Stop overpaying for pedicures! Instead buy a ped egg, the revlon version or the dr. Scholls one from the drug store or Target and some professional strength cuticle remover and orange sticks from the beauty supply store. Now you can prepare your fingers and toes for polishing yourself, then go to the nail salon and get both your finger and toe nails painted for a fraction of the cost of a mani/pedi. You still get flawless polish application and the use of the salon dryers as well as the experience of heading to the salon, but at a fraction of the cost.
Three current beauty products you’d like to buy:
1. TEMPTU® AIRbrush Makeup System
2. Matte Nail Polish (especially Sephora’s and Zoyas)
3. Dior Addict Lip Polish in both Fresh Expert and Radiance Expert
Great to get to know you Rynthayer! You seem to know a lot about nails and nail polishes and mani/pedis!
What do you girls think of Kathryn’s tip?