Name: Lisa Manske
Vocation: Claims Adjuster for a major health insurance company.
What is in your purse? Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Lipgloss in Candy Baby, Victoria’s Secret Acai Berry & Magnolia body lotion (smells amazing!), Bath & Body Works Cucumber Melon Anti-Bac Hand Gel, and Visine Advanced Relief Eye Drops.
Guilty Pleasure: Buying new makeup! It’s a weekly event for me, since I don’t have a ton of money to spend on beauty products, I take a trip to Target and see what they have that I need. I am always buying nail polish, and have “hot pink” in quite a few different brands.
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: Light to Medium (I tan very easily). Combination/Sensitive skin, it seems I’m always finding new things my skin is irritated by. Skin concerns would have to be adult acne (UGH, when is it going to stop?!).
Beauty inspiration: People who are naturally beautiful without wearing loads of makeup, and people with awesome smooth skin (i.e. no zits).
Top 3 skincare products:
1. Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel Kit – Amazing stuff! I can’t stop touching my face after using this.
2. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel – I’ve been using this for years, the only thing I wish it had was SPF, otherwise it’s perfect.
3. St. Ives Daily Microdermabraison – are you noticing the trend? I love smooth skin and this is the only way I get it, by exfoliating daily. This stuff smells really good and isn’t harsh on my skin.
Top 3 tools of the trade:
1. Conair Infiniti 1” Flat Iron – works quite well, pulls my hair though if I don’t use my Moroccanoil first.
2. Eyeshadow brush – no idea what brand it is, but it works so much better than those stupid little sponges that come with eyeshadow.
3. Umberto Beverly Hills Boar Bristle Brush – This looks quite similar to the Mason Pearson, but is a lot cheaper. My scalp was tingling for quite some time after using this and it made my hair so shiny and soft!
Best beauty secret/tip: Smooth frizzy hair and flyaways with a little dab of hand lotion. Rub it on your palms first and then smooth your hands over any unruly hair. It doesn’t matter what brand or type of lotion you use, it always seems to work in a pinch.
Three current beauty products you’d like to buy:
1. Mac Lipglass in C-Thru – I love lipglosses and can never have enough!
2. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Twice Baked – I’ve had a sample card of Urban Decay Eyeshadow and was amazed at how good the colors looked, they went on like they looked on the packaging, something those drugstore eyeshadows don’t seem to do very well.
3. Frederic Fekkai Marine Summer Hair Beach Waves – my hair is naturally wavy/ curly, but I still love what it looks like after swimming in the ocean, and I would hope this product would have the same affect on my hair.
Nice to get to know you Lisa! We love it that you take such great care of your skin!
Are any of you girls also keen on exfoliating?
Is naturally healthy glowing skin your first priority?