Name: Rebecca Fisher
Vocation: About to start as a server/manager at Friendly’s!
What is in your purse? I tend to just toss lip products in my purse and never take them out, so here’s what I have in there at the moment: Stila Lip Polish in Glimmer, Stila lipstick in Natalie, a couple of C.O. Bigelow tinted balms (the names have rubbed off, but a pink and brownish) and a gloss in Plum Mint, Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer SPF 15, Nivea A Kiss of Flavor in Cherry, Sephora lip gloss in Bronzed Beauty (from the b-day gift set), EDM Lavender Mint balm tube, and a HiP Jelly Balm in Plush. Wow, that’s a lot of lip stuff!! I also have a Stila stick foundation and a sample size EDM foundation in there for touch-ups, some Coastal Scents silica powder in a BE compact to battle the oilies, a Too Faced retractable kabuki, and Bath and Body Works hand cream and sanitizer.
Guilty Pleasure: Cheesy romantic comedies that all follow the same pattern and give women unrealistic expectations for relationships…especially if they have a hot lead male, hehe!!
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: I have pretty light, freckly skin with some pinkness, typical of a redhead. I would consider it combination, with some oil issues in the t-zone and potential for dryness in the winter.
Beauty inspiration: I’m definitely inspired by Youtube makeup gurus. There are so many of them who I subscribe to that do incredible looks and tutorials, as well as helpful reviews! I have learned both basic and more advanced techniques from them, really improving my skills.
Top 3 skincare products:
1. Lancome Collaser 5x Serum– This stuff is great, I use it every night before bed all over my face and neck. It leaves my skin super soft and I like to think that it helps with aging, though it’s a bit early to tell.
2. Lush Enchanted Eye Cream-Very light but still moisturizing, I use this day and night. It absorbs quickly and my makeup applies over it perfectly. You only need a very little bit, which it can sometimes be difficult to get out with the pump dispenser, although it is very sanitary.
3. Murad Essential C Moisturizer– This is my go-to daily moisturizer. It smells great and my face feels nice after putting it on, no greasy residue at all. The SPF 30 is very important to me since I’m very concerned with sun protection. I can use this without primer and my makeup still looks good and stays on well.
Top 3 tools of the trade:
1. Clarisonic– I’ve been using this for about three months, and it has made such a difference in my skin. I’ve tried everything (masks, scrubs, strips, etc) for my blackheads, and this is the only thing that has really worked. My nose and chin look so smooth, and my complexion is just overall clearer and skin super soft.
2. GHD Straightening Iron– Heats up incredibly fast, puts itself to sleep after 30 minutes of non-use, straightens my hair i just one go-through. Best I’ve ever used, and totally worth the price tag as I’ll be using it for years to come.
3. EDM Mother’s Day kabuki- This was a limited edition special and isn’t available anymore, but it’s great! I have the Long Handled Kabuki and Flat Top brush, but this is the one I reach for most. It gives the most perfect, even application and is extremely soft and dense, not to mention cute!
Best beauty secret/tip: Not really a secret per se, but using makeup brushes has made such a huge difference in the way my makeup looks, I now have over 30! A couple of friends were over my new place recently and saw my stash of brushes and were amazed, they both said they only had one or two! So ladies who don’t know, invest in some brushes, there are some great inexpensive ones out there!
Three current beauty products you’d like to buy:
1. The new Urban Decay Book of Shadows Volume II. I love UD shadows and my original BoS, and although there would be some duplicate colors, it would be worth it for the exclusive shades!
2. Pretty much everything from the new Barbie Loves Stila collection! The palette and Smudge Pots look especially awesome, but the lip stuff also looks nice.
3. The Temtu portable airbrush system, this just seems so cool! it appeals to my inner gadget-loving nerd and my love of beauty products. Too bad it’s so expensive, as are the refills!!
Great getting to meet you and the inner workings of your cosmetic mind Rebecca! xoxo Meg
Who else is lusting after some of Rebecca’s choices or shares the same picks?