Name: Nihkee Hamill
Vocation: Full-time Vet Tech student
What’s in your purse? Oh gosh. This is gonna take a while: EDM compact pressed powder, EDM long handled brush, Ray-Ban sunglasses, wallet, keys, Sephora Funky Fuschsia lip liner, Burt’s Bees lip balm, 2 kinds of Lip Fusion lip plumper (bad I know), Bad Gal Lash by Benefit, L’oreal original mascara, elf liquid eye liner, Sugar Tropic Tan blush/bronzer duo, Eyelash curler, Lancome eye makeup remover, MAC prep+primer for lips, tweezers, etc. (The list goes on, I basically have a makeup case in my bag)
Guilty pleasure (of any kind): Starbucks, Gossip Girl, Megsmakeup.com, Lookbook.nu, doing facials, CSI and Criminal Minds.
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: My skin ranges from light medium in the winter to a medium dark olive tone in the summer since I tan very easily. My skin has acne, but I don’t break out a lot. But when I DO get acne, I get these 2 or 3 GIGANTIC zits in the middle of my cheek or forehead. And my skin can be sensitive if I use the wrong product, so I have to be careful.
Beauty inspiration (person, website, etc.): All the ladies on Megsmakeup.com help me strive towards being more natural and organic, as well as to try new things when it comes to makeup. I also like to look at fashion photography to see cool crazy dramatic makeup just for fun, and celebrities as well. Lookbook.nu is also a site that I go on for fashion, which lets me see people in the latest and most amazing styles.
Top 3 skincare products:
1. Ponds Cold Cream – It goes on my skin light, a little greasy, but my skin’s not oily, so it can take it. This makes a great primer for my makeup as well.
2. Mario Badescu Enzyme facial cleanser – I got these as a sample, and I have to say, I haven’t had a breakout passed one pimple since using it. I’m really considering buying a full sized product.
3. WATER! Everyone seems to forget that water is the best thing for our skin! Never clogs pores, washes everything off, and hydrates our skin!
Top 3 makeup products:
1. EDM foundations. I accidentally stumbled upon EDM when trying to find Sheer Cover cheaper online and have fallen in love since. I have quite a few products, and I use their brushes for everything as well. I love love love EDM and preach it to my friends everything they even mention makeup!
2. Burt’s Bees lip balm – I just love how this feels on my lips, and stays on for so long! I need more of their stuff!
3. L’oreal original mascara in that gold and grey tube. It will always be my all time favorite mascara.
Top 3 tools of the trade:
1. Eyelash curler – I would be nothing without my eyelash curler!
2. Tweezers – My eyebrows would be a hot mess if I couldnt clean them up here and there.
3. EDM long handled brush. Its a long flimzy brush, and I thought I was gonna hate it at first, but after trying some of the brushes that just don’t move and blend the way the long bristles so, I realized I really really like using it, even though it feels like all my loose powder is flying around me!
Best beauty secret/tip: Using bronzer or blush to define your cheek bones really gives you a natural look, aaaand scrub your face with baking soda as a natural exfoliant, aaaaand if your lips are peeling, use a toothbrush with vaseline on it, and brush the flakies away!
Three current beauty products you’d like to buy:
1. Urban Decay Pocket Rocket in Timothy – The color looks exactly what I want it to be!
2. Kat Von D – Backstage Bambi lipstick – A little tight on cash lately, so I’ve been putting this one off.
3. A REALLY GOOD liquid black eyeliner that I can use easily, that doesnt flake or crack, and is really BLACK looking.
Thanks for sharing Nihkee! It is great getting to know you!
We just discovered lookbook and we’re developing an obsession as well!
What are your favorite websites ladies?