Name: Alice Nicoll
Vocation: Student – studying to be a Secondary School Teacher! Plus some retail work at a stationary store on the weekends.
What is in your purse? At the end of each day I make sure I take all my beauty items out and return them to my bathroom. So there actually isn’t too much in there at the moment. We have Burt’s Bee’s Honey Lipbalm, Kit Cosmetics Lip Sheen, CK Eternity Moment Perfume, and Lush’s Champagne Snow Showers Solid Perfume.
Guilty Pleasure: Microwave Popcorn! Sooo yummy and I am not sure how healthy it really is, but it makes me feel better than eating some cake.
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: I have light skin, combination oily around the T-Zone. I have redness on my nose, cheeks and chin and large pores. My main concern is getting an even skin tone.
Beauty inspiration: I don’t really have anyone in particular who is around my age. I think Angelina always looks fabulous on the Red Carpet. As I get older, Helen Mirren and Meryl Streep always look fantastic and if I can look as half as good as they do I’ll be laughing.
Top 3 skincare products:
1. Witch Hazel lotion – I can’t get over how great this stuff is, and how much it has improved my skin since I started using it as a toner. My skin is clearer, and I swear my pores are getting smaller (don’t ask me how!). Great to use for other ailments as well.
2. Avon’s Clay Mask – This stuff is probably the best mask I have used (and I used to work at Lush and get their fresh facemasks). It really gets in deep to clean the skin and my skin looks and feels fantastic after I have used it.
3. Lush’s Aqua Marina Cleanser – this is heaven in a squidgy tub. It smells rank but it makes my skin oh so happy. Softening and calms my redness down.
Top 3 tools of the trade:
1. Microfiber Cloth – this little baby is amazing! I use it every 3rd or 4th night (as I don’t like to exfoliate too frequently) when removing my makeup. I don’t know where the makeup or dirt goes as you can’t even see it on the cloth after you are done but my face is soft and makeup free. I use this with Lush’s coalface cleanser. I also use it on my stretch marks on my hips and they’ve diminished since I started using it too.
2. EcoTools Brushes – these give my Everyday Minerals brushes a run for their money. In particular I am a HUGE fan of their eyeshadow and eyeliner brushes for applying mineral eyeshadows and pigments.
3. Batiste Dry Shampoo – I love, love, love this! I have really oily hair which should be washed every day. But I don’t like washing it everyday. So I alternate with the Batiste Dry Shampoo. Spray it on, massage and brush out. Saves you lots of time!!
Best beauty secret/tip: If you are terrible (like me!) at applying nail polish do it at night. Don’t worry about getting it all over your fingers. Make sure its dry and head off to bed. When you get up for you shower in the morning, the dried nail polish on your cuticles and surrounding skin will wash away! Hooray!
Three current beauty products you’d like to buy:
1. Anything Urban Decay. We Australians are SO far behind in getting the awesome makeup brands you guys have.
2. A serum/lotion which isn’t from an international seller (avoiding high shipping) for redness on the cheeks. So far we don’t have anything reasonably priced down here.
3. A GOOD top coat! I, so far, haven’t found a good top coat for my nail polish. I have tried at least 10 brands with no success. Nail polish chips within 24 hours. Help me find a great one and I will LOVE you forever.