Name: Christel Hansen
Vocation: Freelance Makeup Artist!
What is in your purse? Cell phone, ipod nano, wallet, small mirror, dental floss, keys, asthma inhaler, Anatomicals Stop Cracking Up lip balm, MAC Fleshpot lipstick and The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Facial Blotting Tissues!
Guilty Pleasure: Home and Away! I simply cannot miss an episode of it! If I do, I watch the omnibus at the end of the week to catch up on anything I may have missed, lol. I’m also a sucker for homemade cookies and cupcakes, yum!
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: I have fair skin which can get pretty oily. My main concerns are my dark undereye circles (concealer is a must!) and the occasional breakouts I get. 🙁
Beauty inspiration: My mommy of course! I love everything about her and think she looks damn good for her age! I only hope that I too look that good when I’m older!
Top 3 skincare products:
– Cetaphil moisturizer – I love using this on both myself and my clients. As well as being a fabulous moisturizer, it’s also great to mix with foundations to make them thinner and more sheer.
– Lucas Papaw Ointment – I can’t live without this! It’s by far the best lip moisturizer you could ever use. I slather it on at night before bed and my lips are beautiful and soft in the morning!
– Aloe Vera Gel – I use this as an everyday makeup primer and would recommend it to everyone. It really is fantastic!
Top 3 tools of the trade:
– Beautyblender – I love it! Makes my job effortless and the results are amazing!
– Avon Heated Eyelash Curler – I have a huge fear of using traditional eyelash curlers on people other than myself (I would die if they moved and I ended up pulling out their eyelashes!) so I tried this and I have to say, the results are even better than traditional curlers!
– MAC 217 Brush – Love this for both applying and blending eyeshadow. It’s also amazing as a concealer brush!
Best beauty secret / tip: I alternate between shampoo and baking soda to wash my hair – so one day I’ll wash my hair with shampoo, next time I’ll wash with baking soda, etc. I find that the baking soda cleans my hair better than any shampoo ever has! I also like to mix a little baking soda with my cleanser – it’s great for exfoliating the face. Only do this once or twice a week at most though!
Favorite Drugstore Product and why – Covergirl Lash Blast – love it, love it, LOVE IT!
Favorite Splurge Item – Flowerbomb perfume by Viktor & Rolf! I adore the smell of this and was actually lucky enough to get this for my birthday so I won’t have to buy any for awhile!
If I was on a limited beauty budget I would – Beg, borrow and steal!
Great to get to know you Christel! And great to read all these answers from the viewpoint of a makeup artist!
What does baking soda do to your hair that shampoo doesn’t? Does Aloe Vera gel work well as a primer for you ladies too?