Name: Lily Shen
Vocation: Field Marketing and Business Owner
What is in your purse? I don’t have a whole lot in my purse because I rarely get to touch up during the day (so i have to make sure my make up is applied carefully in the morning). Very bland… coins, Avon pampering balm, Nivea soft kiss balm, Nivea strawberry balm and Palmer’s cocoa butter spf balm… I have no idea why I have sooo many in there!
Guilty Pleasure: Spending money, too much money, on clothes that I either already have, or will never wear. My wardrobe is completely full of summer clothes, but I always end up buying more tops and dresses.
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: I have pale olive skin during winter, but I get tanned easily during summer. I have pretty sensitive skin, it gets very dry during winter (but I still break out sometimes – not as much compared to high school years). And pores, I hate them!
Beauty inspiration: Corny, but I have to say my mum. She captures my idea of natural beauty, she’s almost 50 but she still looks 35 and the only make up she uses is lipstick. She has silky smooth skin, always have me in awe.
Top 3 skincare products:
1. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter – It hydrates my skin super well and leaves a lovely yummy cocoa scent.
2. TN Dickinson with Witch hazel – this is my cleanser and toner in one. It’s my staple item, I use this to remove make up on my face or just to wipe if i feel oily.
3. SPF sunscreen, during summer – I get super lazy and just use sunscreen instead of moisturizers (it seems to be doing an OK job in hydration and giving me added protection at the same time).
Top 3 tools of the trade:
1. Blush brush – I cannot live without blush or the brush! It’s such a convenient and versatile brush, for beginners and lazy girls like me, I use it for almost everything, blush, powder, foundation, contour…
2. Eyelash curler – I’ve only just discovered this recently *sigh*, without my lash curler my lashes are long and straight!
3. Eye kabuki brush – it is another versatile tool that is a time saver for me. I use this for eye shadow, eye contour/shading and buffing and highlighting.
Best beauty secret/tip: For damaged skin, pores, blemishes or breakouts use aloe vera gel, or for a better and more organic approach, snap off some aloe vera plant, wash it and apply its juice on your face. Works wonders!
Three current beauty products you’d like to buy:
1. A perfect small kabuki brush that is suitable for travel and on the go.
2. A perfect nude lipstick that suits my skin tone.
3. Odd colored hair dye that is ammonia free and would work on black hair without having me to bleach it. I like to experiment a lot!
It’s really nice to get to know you Lily! Your picture is so cute and hilarious!
You seem to have a lot on your wish list but haven’t settled down on any brands yet. Ladies, help Lily decide!