Name: Kristen Schultz
Vocation: Purchasing Assistant
What is in your purse? My wallet, gloves, scarf, a sample size of Sephora by OPI daily hand moisturizer, my keys, orange Tic Tacs, M.A.C Lipstick in Hold the Pose, Bonne Bell Lip Lites in Berry Smoothie, Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Toffee, Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Lolita, and Bath and Body Works Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel in Sweet Pea.
Guilty Pleasure: I love McDonald’s fries, I basically grew up on McDonald’s so even though it is pretty gross, I still have hankerings for those fries! I am totally addicted to shoes, I love pumps especially. I am really bad for buying super tall shoes, wearing them to work for a couple hours and halfway through the day I switch to flats.
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: I am pretty fair (N4 in M.A.C. Studio Fix), I have combination skin and it doesn’t help that I live in a very cold dry climate. My main skin concern are my dark circles, so I basically have to use concealer every day so I don’t look “tired” when I’m not.
Beauty inspiration: Kat Von D! I admire her because I think she looks fabulous with all her tattoos and yet she still looks pretty with all her heavy make-up. I envy how great her complexion looks, and how awesome her dark eyeshadow is (I like the smokey eye look but have never been talented enough to apply it). I love when she wears dark lipstick because it just looks so rocker-chic! I also love how she has her own make-up line made by Sephora, I have a few eyeshadow palletes from her and they are totally rad.
Top 3 skincare products:
– NeoStrata Gel Cleanser – this stuff has gylcolic acid in it and it gently exfloliates the skin. It doesn’t irritate my skin and it doesn’t have a heavy scent. It is pricey but it leaves my skin so smooth it is so worth it. One guy at my work asked if I had a facial because my skin was glowing, I hadn’t had a facial I was just using this product.
– Clinique Superdefense Age Defense Moisturizer SPF 25 – Dry Combination – I like this moisturizer because it provides me with a lot of hydration without being too heavy. It’s supposed to help against stress that can cause aging, and I like that it has SPF 25.
– M.A.C. Fix + – I spritz this stuff on after I’ve applied my make-up. I love how this gives my skin an extra boost of moisture, especially on cold days in the winter when you come into a warm building after being outside in minus 30 conditions (got to love Canada!)
Top 3 tools of the trade:
– Eyelash curler, I have used a metal one for years it really opens up the eyes.
– N.Y.C. New York Color Cosmetics tweezers, I bought these years ago they are yellow slant tweezers and they are amazing. I cannot find this brand anymore where I live which is sad, so I can’t lose these!
– Too Faced Retractable Kabuki Brush – This kabuki brush comes in such a cute case, it is perfect for applying bronzer and it is super soft.
Best beauty secret / tip: To use the Round Bath Brush in the shower in circular motions to stimulate blood circulation and to help remove dead skin.
Favorite Drugstore product and why: Burts Bees Lip shimmers! They are just awesome.
Favorite Splurge item and why: Diorshow Blackout. I love this mascara but I just can’t stomach paying for $30 for a mascara (although I did buy it once, and it was fantastic!)
If I was on a limited beauty budget I would: Sell my plasma! I don’t think this is an option where I live, or if it is I don’t know about it!
Great to get to know you Kristen!
And your hair looks amazing in that picture.
We totally feel for you, it’s so hard wearing high heels for more than a couple of hours, so torturing!
How about you ladies? How do you survive?