Name: Elle Peters
Vocation: Secretary, part time scrapbooker (and full time beauty junkie)
What’s in your purse? I don’t carry a purse (I don’t know why but I always feel weird if I have one) but shove whatever I need in my pockets (my hubby’s pockets if I don’t have any), my car, or my desk at work. Right now I have my most essential product: Neutrogena Lip Boost. It’s the only thing that has kept my lips from getting chapped in the winter. I also keep a “backup” chapstick in case I forget my usual one. I also have Clean & Clear shine control moisturizer, Everyday Minerals blotting papers, and Cover girl lip gloss in watermelon.
Guilty Pleasure: Chocolate!!! (ok, I know that’s most ladies’ guilty pleasure). I love watching True Blood on HBO. Since I can’t watch it on Sunday night, I wait all week until Friday and then sit on my couch and enjoy. I also love to read romance novels. I try to keep that to myself because most people I know just call them “smutty books.”
Skin Color, type and any special skin concerns: I have fair skin (Buff Ivory in EDM and Sleek Siamese in Meow Cosmetics). My skin is very oily and acne prone. I always have to combat against a breakout and use a mint concealer lightly over my face to combat redness.
Beauty inspiration: When I see a woman, with no makeup on, who has flawless skin. I don’t think I will ever get that but I aspire towards it every day. I just want to look natural and beautiful.
Top 3 skincare products:
1. My Jojoba oil / Vit E oil mix – I love this mix. I have dehydrated skin and my moisturizer wasn’t doing anything to help. I started this and my skin looks so much softer now. (and I can use it before my makeup, without looking cakey).
2. Proactiv treatment lotion – this stuff can be harsh but it’s kept my skin pretty clear so until I find something better, I will be sticking with it.
3. TFSI (Too Faced Shadow Insurance) – Love, love, love this product. I don’t know how I ever survived without it. I have super oily eye lids and my e/s always creased in an hour. Now I have it on all day…even through my shower…and it stays put. Did I mention I love this product?
Top 3 tools of the trade:
1. Fiber optic brush – I need this for my foundation and blush.
2. Flat Iron – I have super frizzy hair and this is a miracle worker.
3. Eye lash curler – I truly don’t think I could live without it (at least not if I have to go out in public)
Best beauty secret / tip: Always use eye liner. I don’t care if it’s all the way around the eye or just on the upper lid. Eye liner makes your eyes POP!
Three current beauty products you’d like to buy:
1. Dermalogica Microfoliant – I have heard such good things about this and I want to try it so badly.
2. Juice Beauty blemish clearing serum – I have to find a good product for my acne
3. Urban Decay eye shadows – I have yet to try them but they look so nice
Really nice to know you Elle! It’s so interesting that you don’t carry a purse! How do you manage? And wow, you make your own moisturizing mix? Fascinating!
Does any of you ladies ever go around without a purse and use the boyfriend’s pockets?