Name: Nadine Pearson
Vocation: Freelance Graphic Designer
What is in your purse? Oh. As I always take my whole MAC makeup bag with me when I go out or on trips and try to fit it into my poor Kathy Van Zeeland purse, the list’s gonna be, ehm, long. You can find everything from my Dream Matte Mousse Foundation (Maybelline, shade #1), Covergirl Clean compact powder in #205 (as they don’t sell the Dream Matte Compact Powder in very light shades anymore…for whatever reason:-/), Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Compact Powder in #0 white, MAC Studio Finish Concealer in #NC15, Isadora Liquid Eyeliner in black, Kat von D Eyeshadow Duo in “Motorhead”, chapstick and a Smashbox lipliner in “pro” in there.
Guilty Pleasure: Shopping VERY regularly at Sephora (I already earned V.I.B. status after only 4 months), ULTA and other beauty sites… and always looking out for new trends and products! I love reading Allure, too.
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: As I have very fair skin which acts oily, most makeup foundations, no matter in which form presented, give me a hard time finding the right shade or make me break out. It’s either always too yellowy or too pink. By accident though, I found out that Bobbi Brown has added new shades to their foundation lines, thinking of people with fairy fair skin too! I ordered samples online and can’t wait for them to arrive. Hopefully the search for the perfect shade of foundation will be done and over very soon!
Beauty inspiration: Hmm… makeup looks/trends in magazines inspire me a lot. I never thought I could wear colored eyeshadow like yellow, green or blue but recently I just tried it for fun and I now I can’t stop experimenting with colors! Sometimes I watch L.A. Ink to get some inspiration for my work. Another true inspiration for beauty inside and out is of course Megsmakeup! During the time being on here and gladly participating in your forum, I learned so many tricks, tips, got beauty advice for free and met great personalities, which is amazing and just so valuable!
Top 3 skincare products:
1. Clean & Clear Oil-free Foaming Facial Cleanser – this drugstore brand cleanser does miracles! It really takes my whole makeup off and cleanses my skin in one wash plus it leaves it super squeaky-clean. I have been using it day and night for about 3-4 years now.
2. Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Eliminating Astringent – another drugstore brand which never disappoints. This stuff leaves my skin so fresh and clean, it’s unheard of. I use it after my daily routine with the foaming cleanser, day and night. It helps control excess oil well, much better than expensive toners do, I found out.
3. Bare Escentuals Prime Time Primer – after I found out that there ARE primers to make your whole makeup last longer throughout the day, this was the one I tried first and I still stick with it, although I sampled a couple other department store brands. I always come back to this one!
Top 3 tools of the trade:
1.Bare Escentuals Mini Kabuki Brush – I received this with a sample of one of their powders and found out this is just perfect for applying my compact/finishing powder with! Works way better than a normal powder brush. Plus it’s small and fits perfectly in my overcrowded makeup bag.
2.ConAir Ceramic Flat-Iron – Works just great for a steal and leaves my hair smooth and soft.
3.Stila small brow brush – it’s perfect for filling/drawing my brows and gives a really natural yet professional finish. Can’t live without it!
Best beauty secret/tip: Drink at least 3 cups of green tea (plus lots of water!) throughout the day. It makes your skin glow and clears impurities.
Three current beauty products you’d like to buy:
1. Clarins White Plus HP Total Whitening Essence. I heard it does wonders to even out and “brighten” your skin tone. Ordered already, but haven’t received it yet.
2. The perfect red lipstick. In the picture I’m wearing Sebastian Trucco Pro Lip Pencil in “rebel”, and although the shade claims to be one of the thousands “perfect red”s out there, it leaves me with a pinkish undertone, which I don’t like at all. So, the search goes on.
3. I’m always on the hunt for new hair products, mainly Shampoo & Conditioner for my over-colored, dry and frizzy hair. Right now on my list are Neutrogena’s Triple Moisture and Garnier Fructis’ Moisture Works (based on the awesome review on Megsmakeup, of course!).
Those are some great picks Nadine and I love your look! xox Meg
Who else thinks Nadine’s choices are fab and shares the same ones?