Vocation: Art Teacher and Artist
What is in your purse? Well in my purse I have a Boots no 7 lipstick in a lovely Coral color called Coral Dream, an Everyday Minerals lipstick called Siesta, but these act more like balms though (I think). I have an Everyday Minerals puff Jar with some rice powder in it. I get very oily skin, so this helps a bit. I have an Everyday Minerals Retractable Kabuki too, love it! Because I live in FL I always carry some spf so I also have Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer with an spf of 30 and some Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock spf 55. Some Purell hand sanitizer, just in case. Ooh a no7 Pefect Lips pencil (it was hiding in there) in nude… sometimes I outline my lips to make them bigger, yet to find the perfect nude though, or one that will stay on me. Some Avon Glazewear color- Sand Shine. It is a nice gloss nude color. Other non makeup things: my new free phone from ATT – it’s kinda nice, jealous of y’all iphoners though. Sharpie – everyone needs a sharpie! Toothpaste from my Virgin flight, so cute and teeny and a bunch of scrumpled up receipts… ie big mess.
Guilty Pleasure: Definitely makeup and makeup forums! My boyfriend teases me so much and calls me ‘makeup girl’ which I’m not! Haha! I hate being called girly for some reason, but then the thing is I pretty much am girly, I should embrace it really.
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: I have lightish skin- beige fairly light in Everyday Minerals- currently looking at other minerals lines too since I have been kinda breaking out in bumps from EDM. I know, very sad 🙁 Also I am so oily!!! Don’t know what to do about it.
Beauty inspiration: Audrey Hepburn, just gorgeous. But I love love love watching Pixiwoo on youtube!!! Those girls are lovely and some great tips on there plus they are from the UK and I miss home so much and it reminds me of home. (I now live in Florida but was born and bred in Scotland)
Top 3 skincare products:
– Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser– I keep going back to this, not a pretty bottle but oh well, it works good for me.
– Paula’s Choice BHA lotion – good for a little exfoliating and getting rid of blackheads some.
– Oil of Olay Complete spf 30 – I need spf in Florida, it is hot here, even right now in the Winter!
Top 3 tools of the trade:
– My Everyday Mineral Brushes– so soft and the best brushes I have owned so far! I have all the Kabukis which are so lovely and many of the eyeshadow ones… love love love them!
– Is mascara a tool? Well anyways I love trying out different mascaras so far my favorite is Max Factor 2000 Calorie as it is one of the few ones that doesn’t smudge on my oily lids! euh gross!
Best beauty secret / tip: Keep qtips handy- especially great for cleaning up mascara from my browbone… I always do that by mistake and one of the pixiwoo tips was to look down into a mirror when you do your mascara, it works but I still forget to do that.
Three current beauty products you’d like to buy:
– I really am goggling the shu uemura eyelash curlers… kinda pricey for me – and my old Boots ones work ok, but everyone raves about these so much.
– I’d like some Signature Minerals foundation… see if it works for my skin any better than Everyday Minerals. It is hard because I am so oily and minerals kinda slip off a little after a while. In fact, I think I will put in an order right now… teehee!
– Urban Decay eyeshadows. There is one in particular I have been goggling with green eyes, (I have blue eyes actually but still…) and that is the half baked and baked colors. Don’t you think they would suit blue eyes? They are just a little expensive for me right now, but one day I will splurge. I love testing them out at Boots… LOVE Boots, ahh I miss home sigh.
Great to get to know you Dana! Love your Halloween picture!
And what an awesome mascara application tip! It’s also really funny how your boyfriend teases you about your makeup and makeup forum addiction! Any other ladies out there being teased?