Name: Brittany Klingensmith
Vocation: Residential aid working with people who have developmental disabilities.
What’s in your purse? Okay, this is kind of embarrassing, but I would like to note that I have a large purse… I have Maybelline’s Dream Matte Powder, Kumaara concealer, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder (best cheap stuff EVER), MAC Creme de Miel Eye shadow, MAC Lip Glass in Lychee Luxe, MAC Lipstick in See Sheer, Urban Decay Shot of Gloss in Mai Tai, MAC Plush Lash, CO Bigelow Mentha Lip Balm and lastly, Garnier Fructis Wonder Waves spray. I think I need to clean out my purse.
Guilty Pleasure: A good cabernet, Twilight, even though I’m probably too old and pop culture based shows like Chelsea Lately and the Soup.
Skin color, type, and special concerns: I have pretty fair/light skin, some days my skin is ridiculously oily and I’m having insane breakouts. Other days it will be insanely dry and I’ll still be suffering from breakouts. My skin never actually feels smooth either, which bothers me.
Beauty Inspiration: Most of my inspirations come from pretty standard places, like magazines. I do admire my grandma though, she’s the type of woman who won’t leave the house without lipstick on and I guess that rubbed off on me.
Top 3 Skin Care Products:
1. ProActiv – It’s not very glamorous, but it still does the best job of keeping my face mostly acne free.
2. Olay Beauty Fluid – Yeah, it’s old school and everyone’s mom used it. It’s light and it doesn’t clog my pores. It also doesn’t make me super oily like tons of moisturizers.
3. Neutrogena Ultra Dry Touch Sunblock – Again, it’s light and doesn’t clog my pores. It’s not oily at all, which I love.
Top 3 Tools:
1. MAC 239 Brush – I use this one the most to apply shadows. Definitely worth the investment.
2. Tweezers – I don’t care if they’re Tweezerman or some other brand, but you need a good pair of tweezers. Eyebrow maintenance is a must for me!
3. Beauty Blender Sponge – I love this thing. It’s a little strange to use at first, but it applies liquid and cream foundations really well. It makes everything blend nicely.
Best Beauty tip: I like to put a little bit of white eye shadow in the inner corners of my eyes. It just makes me look really awake, even when I’m not.
Three Products I’d like to try:
1. A lip stain that doesn’t dry out my lips.
2. Bobbi Brown Metallic Long Wear Cream Shadows. These just looks GORGEOUS! If it’s shimmery, I am so there.
3. Chanel Jade Nail Polish. It’s not a stereotypical fall shade, even though it just came out. It’s kind of quirky and looks totally gorgeous.
Great to get to know you Brittany! Here at Megsmakeup we absolutely adore grandmas that won’t leave the house without lipstick. Send your grandma our love!
Ladies, are your grandmas too chic to quit?