Name: Kathryn Psutka
Vocation: 2nd year veterinary student
What is in your purse? When I am at school I usually only carry my backpack (boring, I know) with an SPF lip balm and whatever gloss I may wear that day. When I do carry a purse it is usually a small one that prevents me from gathering clutter. Right now my purse has Smashbox lip gloss in Illume and Avon liquid lip balm in a peachy colour. I usually only touch up my lips when I am on the go, so my purse doesn’t get clogged with various other products.
Guilty Pleasure: Wedding shows. I am terrible, I will watch marathons of Say Yes to the Dress and Rich Bride Poor Bride.
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: I think I may have some olive in my skin, but I really have no idea! My skin is quite oily, and if I don’t keep on top of it I end up with clogged pores and blackheads.
Beauty inspiration: I think Angelina Jolie is always sporting the perfect cateye! I wish I could apply liquid liner as well as her makeup artists! For colored eye shadow I really like what Blake Lively and Leighton Meester wear on Gossip Girl. And Lauren Luke on youtube has been a great source of makeup tutorials that I have tried out!
Top 3 skincare products:
– Green Clay – super cheap, the best face mask I have ever used! I mix it with apple cider vinegar and it really helped clear up acne. A once a week mask also helps keep my oil slick of a face under control.
– Vitamin E oil – this has made my skin so soft, I love it! Can’t really tell about the anti-aging claims, but it is such a great moisturizer that is enough for me.
– St. Ives Apricot Scrub – really buffs away the dead skin leaving a luminous base. I used the medicated one when acne was a problem and it really helped.
Top 3 tools of the trade:
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance – classifying this as a tool because I could not live without it! My eyeshadow lasts 14+ hours in 100 heat and humidity. This little tube is a life saver!
– EcoTools brushes – so nice to apply make up with these super soft brushes! They disperse and blend pigments very well.
– A ceramic nail file – it never needs to be replaced, unless I forget where I left it! Leaves a nice, smooth edge on the nail.
Best beauty secret / tip: Don’t be afraid of color! A blush or eyeshadow that looks scary bright in the pan can bring a beautiful pop of color to the face, just apply with a light hand.
Three current beauty products you’d like to buy:
– Tarte cheek stains – any color! They all look so beautiful!
– The perfect red lipstick – I am determined to make red lipstick work for me! Am currently on the hunt for Snow White from NYX.
– Anything from Philosophy – the scents sound divine! Can’t wait to try some!
Favorite Drugstore product and why: CoverGirl Lash Blast – this mascara gives great volume and really dark black lashes. High impact! Why pay over 5 times more for a mascara when this works perfectly?
Favorite Splurge item and why: Lancome Color Fever Gloss – these come in beautiful colors, from sheer to full color. I love the shine and sparkle. They last a long time on me for a gloss and are not too sticky.
If I was on a limited beauty budget I would: Babysit the neighbors’ kids, walk dogs, water plants, clean toilets… Whatever it takes to feed my gloss addiction!
Great to get to know you Kathryn!
Your wedding shows guilty pleasure is so funny, you got us laughing pretty hard! How did that occur? Is it like a wedding show addiction?
Ladies, what are your funniest guilty pleasures?