Name: Ashley Alexander
Vocation: Graduate Student
What is in your purse? In addition to whatever school stuff I need, I keep whatever MAC Lipglass I’m using that day and MAC Blot Powder in “Dark”. I have Purell hand sanitizer and Cetaphil lotion as well.
Guilty Pleasure: I watch TERRIBLE T.V. shows: Big Brother, Real Housewives, Tiny and Toya, pretty much any reality show where the initial reaction is “why?????”.
Skin color, type and any special skin concerns: I’m a MAC NC50 and my acne is pretty much under control thanks to my dermatologist. My biggest concern now is the acne scars. I have dry/combination skin. I learned that dry skin tends to overcompensate and produce a lot of oil so i struggle with shine when wearing make up.
Beauty inspiration: A butterfly, a pair of shoes, a skirt… anything. And then there’s more conventional things like other people’s blogs, youtube videos, and magazines.
Top 3 skincare products
1. Cetaphil face wash – you either love or you hate this stuff but most people love it. It’s gentle enough for my sensitive skin which has been more sensitive due to my acne meds.
2. MAC blot powder – just as the description says, it sets foundation and controls oil without really adding any color.
3. Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 30 – I need at least SPF 30 for my face with the acne meds I’m on and this doesn’t make me oily or irritate my skin.
Top 3 Tools of the Trade
1. Sonia Kashuk brushes – She has cute sets that are a great start for any brush collection, plus great for beginners with make up.
2. Bobbi Brown make up manual – Another must-have for anyone starting out with make up.
3. MAC 187 brush– If you use liquid foundation, this is the best brush for an airbrushed look. Plus I just love the way this thing feels.
Best beauty secret/tip:
Most make up items do more than what the package says. Try using a pink/peach eyeshadow as a blush. Your blush broke? Mix it with petroleum jelly and make a lip balm. Need a new use for a MAC pigment? Mix it with lotion and apply to the body.
3 Current Beauty Products you’d like to buy:
1. Make Up For Ever Lashes – the more dramatic, the better!
2. I just got my first MAC pigment and now I want to try their glitters.
3. Those new Urban Decay palettes.
Great tips Ashley! It’s so nice getting to know you!
Do you girls use any of your products in a non conventional way?