Every Saturday Kate2004rock brings you the best of Sephora as only an insider can!
Spring is in the air. The tulips are in the air. The trees are budding. New boyfriends, crawfish parties, stargazing at the lake at night. Making out in the backseat…wait I NEVER do that last one, but I’ve seen it in movies! Unfortunately, I am so ready to pull out the white sandals and eyelet tops (as mentioned last week) but I’m not quite at my end-of-July tan level yet! There’s a lot of different bronzing products for you but I wanted to sort out the good, the bad, and the orange-ugly for you this week. So I’ve picked the best in three categories: Powder, body, self-tanner, and miscellaneous!
My favorite powder bronzers – I can’t really pick between them but I’ve used and loved them all at some point (and, to be truthful, I have probably several of them in rotation right now!)
1. Tarte Park Avenue Princess – great because its BRONZE not ORANGE or BROWN or RED. I think you all can understand the important distinction here.
2. Vincent Longo Golden Glow – half bronze-y, half gold. It’s such a pretty combination and completely warms up your complexion.
3. Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer in Brunette. It’s upscale Physician’s formula with a mosaic of different colors to highlight and contour with very minimal effort.
Body bronzers. You want the tan but not the commitment (or the cancer.) What a genius Idea.
1. Nars Body Glow – Check out previous reviews here on Megsmakeup. You’ll smell like Coconut! MMMMMM!
2. LORAC Tantalizer. Its a bronzy lotion that you can smooth over and get instantly 2 or 3 shades darker.
Self Tanners – Rather than spending 30+ dollars on a few sessions in the cancer bed, if you take that same 30 bucks and invest in a QUALITY self tanner like the following, you get the same results and less cancer!
1. Bliss Tan-for-all-Seasons – it comes out as an ugly plum-purple foam but the finish is a lovely real-looking medium-deep tan. Plus its foolproof – you have plenty of time to rub it in before it dries!
2. Clarins Self-Tanning Instant Gel – I love the gel consistency of this one because it really takes the guesswork out of even application. Great golden color too!
3. St. Tropez Tinted Self Tanning Lotion – you get dark immediately. Apply two days in a row after a shower you will look like you spent ten days in Cabo! I LOVE this one!
Miscellaneous – there’s a few products that fit in multiple categories or, well, none of the above. But far be it from me to leave them out!
1. Perfekt Body Perfection Gel – not really a self tanner but if you’re vein conscious or whatever its a great way to smooth out the appearance of unsightly thighs or calves.
2. TooFaced Tanning Bed in a Tube – This little baby was SOLD OUT everywhere last summer when it was released. It’s a body bronzer giving you instant color but there’s also self tanner in it so it soaks in and “turns on.” The coconut scent it a plus too!
What products are you loving to make you a bronze baby!