Meg here! It’s Oscar time! Hollywood’s prom. All of the women looked great and here is how you can get the exact same looks from the exact pro’s that took these women to Goddess Glam!
Here is how to get Kristen’s textured waves:
“I was in love with Kristen’s J. Mendel dress as soon as I saw it; I was so inspired by the silhouette and color. We wanted Kristen’s hair to be full with voluminous waves and have an edgy and sexy texture”
– “I started by applying a large dollop of Dove Style+Care Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse and blow dried the hair with a round brush.
– I then took 3-inch sections of hair and sprayed each section with Dove Style+Care Thermal Replenishment Spray and then wrapped the hair around a 1 1/2 inch FHI Heat curling iron.
– When all of her hair had been curled, I took a small amount of Dove Style+Care Frizz-Free Shine Cream-Serum in my hands and rubbed them together and then I raked the product through the hair to break up the curls and give the hair shine and definition. I’m beyond obsessed with this product. It gives you the nourishment of a cream and the shine of a serum in one bottle!
– I finished her look by spraying Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray all over while scrunching the hair with my fingers; this will ensure that the hair is in place all night and give the hair great sexy waves.”
Event: The Oscars
Makeup Artist: celebrity makeup artist Heba Thorisdottir for tarte
Overall Inspiration: “Kristen wore a gorgeous princess dress, but it still had a bit of an edge to it, so I wanted to keep her look strong but still soft and pretty.” -celebrity makeup artist Heba Thorisdottir
* To begin Heba used tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
For dewy, sun-kissed cheeks, she applied tarte’s maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight along the apples of her cheeks, followed by a light dusting of tarte’sAmazonian clay 12-hour blush in buff. The combination gave Kristen’s skin the perfect luminous finish.
* Heba wanted to play up Kristen’s blue eyes with a mixture of bronze and gold shadows. She started by covering her lids with a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte’s neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II.
*To add further definition, she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze along her lashlines and into her creases. Then she layered tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in slate in the center of her lids to reflect light.
*Then she lined her eyes with multiplEYE™ clinically-proven lash enhancing liquid liner, drawing outward for a mini cat-eye.
* She finished with two coats of tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
* To keep her look soft, Heba filled in her lips with tarte’s LipSurgence™ matte lip tint in exposed, then dabbed tarte’s maracuja divine shine lip gloss in glisten in the center of her lips for a touch of shine.
*To create a soft glow, Heba dusted tarte’s new Amazon bronze body bronzer along her décolletage, shoulders and down her arms. (Note*out in April!)
Jessica Chastain’s Look! Jenny Cho, Suave Professionals Celebrity Stylist: “My inspiration for Jessica was to give the whole look a romantic feel that was free and easy with a slight, sexy bump in the crown.”
1. Spray Suave Professionals Volumizing Root Boost Spray at roots of tresses and layer a dollop of Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Leave-in Conditioner for heat protection and smooth, manageable hair. Blow dry with a round brush for volume.
2. Starting from the nape, separate hair in sections. Spray each portion with Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Lightweight Hold Hairspray and curl with a large two-inch curling iron. When curling strands near the face, curl hair away from face.
3. Next, tease the crown of hair for height and spray with Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Lightweight Hold Hairspray to secure tresses. Smooth the very top layer of hair for a polished finish. Pull back the section of hair just below the crown and pin, bringing one side back at a time into a half way french twist.
4. Loosen up the curls with a drop of Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smooth & Shine Serum for shine and smooth style. Complete the look by misting hairspray for hold.
Maya Rudolph’s Look!
The best things about these looks are they’re not going to break the bank! Who was your favorite winner? I know, I know, I know she’s not an award nominee or even an actress but I loved my doppelganger Guiliana Rancic’s gown in her redcarpet coverage! What dress do you have to have?