We’re doing a switcheroo this week! Desertdoll is here to present you this week’s Drugstore Deals.
I’m here to show some love to the drugstore. Sure, I love Fab Fridays. Who doesn’t love a face cream that costs as much as your weekly grocery bill? But I also love Drugstore Deals. I never can seem to leave without at least one cosmetic item, even if I’m only going there for Advil and Tide. That aisle just calls to me every time “Desertdoll…come look…you DO need another lip gloss”.
So these are the tried and true items that I continue to buy. You’ll recognize some of them from Rachael’s past DD’s. And maybe a few will be new to you. But all of them are relatively inexpensive, easy to get, and equally thrill inducing to most Fab Friday items.
1. L’oreal HIP Crème Eyeliner – Great colors and a super creamy formula that’s easy to apply and last forever without any flaking. But use your own brush. Preferably a bend eye liner brush.
2. Cetaphil – Dermatologist recommended, I used this for years and still come back to it. It’s gentle, non-drying and makes your skin really soft.
3. Wet’n’Wild 666 lip liner – the “go with everything”, not quite brown, not quite pink lip liner that works hellishly good.
4. Nivea Essentially Enriched Lotion – This used to be called “cream oil” and that’s exactly what it is. Super luxurious with a really soft baby product smell, this fights dry skin like none other and leaves you softer than you can imagine.
5. Max Factor Stretch Mascara – Rivals any high-end brand out there, and for a fraction of the cost!
6. Organix Coconut Milk Serum – a silicone-based product that makes your hair super shiny and smell like a tropical island.
7. Maybelline Expert Eyes Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover – This is their remover with the blue cap. I’ve tried so many different brands, both drugstore and high-end and this is my absolute favorite. And it’s constantly sold out, so others must agree!
8. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer – If you can’t afford the tinted moisturizers that we’re always raving about here, this is a great alternative. It’s a retinol treatment, has a SPF 20, and it’s a sheer tint, oil free moisturizer.
9. Eucerin Redness Relief – A light green tinted crème in a pen form that works as a tone perfector. Use this on any redness before applying concealer, and the nasty offender just seems to disappear. A girl with acne’s best friend!
10. Sally Hansen Diamond Lip Treatment – You know I had to have a gloss in here. But notice this is called a treatment because it does so much more than just gloss alone. Lots of shimmer which creates a kind of 3-D effect on your lips, it plumps lips, moisturizes and fills in lines with shea butter, and the colors are phenomenal! I reach for Honeymoon Red constantly. Plus, the girl in me loves the little diamond on each tube.
So ladies, any new items I need to add to my Drugstore list? What are your staples? Let us know!