Let’s call these holiday photos Desertdoll’s Joy and Pain. The Pain, of course, is my very first sit on Santa’s lap, looking like an unhappy little sausage. The Joy is my Mom finally making it up to me 14 years later by buying me a bottle of Prell!
Here’s the Megsmakeup products that have brought me the most joy…
1. Clarisonic-Screw Oprah, this is one of MY favorite things! (I’m only kidding Oprah, call me!) Not to be dramatic, but I don’t know how I lived without this.
2. Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Soap-Ahh, my $35 bar of soap, such love. Me and my soap are doing fine, thanks for asking. It’s been keeping my oily skin in control ever since we met.
3. Thermaclear-This little device is a miracle worker. At the first sign of a pimple, with a couple of days of zaps, the pimple retreats and never fully shows. I like to yell at my pimples while I zap, and while that’s not in the instructions, I think it helps.
4. Sorry, but I just can’t choose between TheBalm Balmshelter and Model Co 3 in 1 Foundation -The consistency is very similar -absolutely perfect, light yet mighty. Balmshelter has spf and getting me to wear spf is a miracle, but Model Co has the magic concealer built in the cap, that erases all it touches. It’s like asking who’s my favorite pet. It changes depending on who’s pooped on the carpet. Well, not exactly like that…
5. Alexander De Markoff Disquise For Eyes-This product has me (and all who have tried it) in awe. How can it be so perfect? An eyelid primer that extends the life of your shadow, makes it virtually crease proof, and conceals at the same time. I don’t imagine that I will ever be without this again.
6. Caudalie Vinoperfect-We tend to sound a broken record around here when it comes to Caudalie, but rightfully so. It’s just plain fabulous, Vinoperfect especially.
7. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab-My newest and most intense obsession. 600 fragrance oils, all for less than $20 a bottle? Count me in. My latest purchases: Eden (almond, coconut, and sandalwood) and Grandmother of Ghosts (splintered wood and peony). Oh my freakin’ yum.
8. Stila The Gift of Glaze-Love Stila, Love lipgloss. So 5 Stila glosses, need I say more?
9. Shu Uemura Phyto-Black Lift-Shu can just do no wrong. Need proof? Buy any of 4 products they introduced from this line. You can thank me later.
10. Cellex-C Under Eye Toning Gel -This is an oldie, but such a goody. This just seems to instantly shrink any bags that may have formed under my eyes from any number of bad things I sometimes do. And the minty, medicinal scent is a pick me up as well.
And here’s to a wonderful new year! We’ve got some amazing reviews coming up. Some items sure to be on my next list: Philip B. White Truffle Conditioner, Sjal Serum, June Jacobs Pumpkin Masque…I could go on and on. Just be sure to keep coming back, reading and reviewing and being the great group of girls that you already are.
Happy Holidays! For the love of makeup~Desertdoll